My March goals were half and half, that half completed, half not. Work is still crazy busy, which means that one or both of us is out of town, making it harder to get things done. April, May, June and probably the rest of the year don't look like they're going to slow down either. Hopefully I'll still be able to get things done that I plan on doing!
Here's how I did in March:
Run 30 miles this month. Done. Even though I have been sidelined due to sickness this week, I still ran 35.4 miles this month. If you count what I have walked and ridden, it's more like 78 miles of activity.
- Eat out once a week for the month. We did well about half the month. It's really hard to cook from scratch when life is busy and you're on the go a lot.
- Figure out 101 in 1001. I have started working on this, but coming up with 101 new things is really hard!
Start my spring garden.I cleaned out the one raised bed I'll be using this year, as well as the herb garden and planted potatoes, carrots, greens and some cold weather herbs. Pretty much everything I can plant until the temps stay warmer at night. Now to start cleaning out the beds to get rid of the dreaded chameleon plant...
And here are my goals for April:
- I kind of mentioned it above, but clear out and take apart the raised beds where the chameleon plant is coming through to kill it this summer. Don't ever plant this stuff in your landscaping...the previous owners of our house did for groundcover and it's horribly invasive and hard to get rid of...yuck!
- Finish my 101 in 1001.
- Go through my "box of crap" in the basement. When I was helping to clean out my mom's place last year, I threw a bunch of stuff that I wanted to keep in bags to bring home. And it's been sitting in the basement ever since. Alan keeps bugging me to sort through it.
- Sort through and price stuff for the yard sale. We always throw stuff in boxes in the basement for the "yard sale." Unless it's from a previous year though, there's not rhyme or reason to it. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law's neighborhood is having a yard sale at the end of the month that we're putting some things in so we need to get on it!