2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes and no. I made a resolution to start running and I did, but I also made one to get back to grad school weight, and that failed miserably.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not super close, but I have several friends who gave birth. One to twins!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? The good 'ol USA although I did add Mississippi as a new state.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015? No credit card debt and one less student loan...we're getting there!
7. What date(s) from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I'm too lazy to look up the exact dates, but here are a few things:
Starting and finishing c25k
Finally planting our garden
Going on a girls' winery day
Nashville trip and Tennessee Renaissance Faire
Traveling to Stillwater, MN for a friend's wedding.
Running a half marathon
Celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary and my cousin's wedding on the same day.
Traveling to Chicago for work and catching up with friends and family I haven't seen for years.
Celebrating New Year's Eve then going to Disney World tomorrow!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Completing a half marathon!
9. What was your biggest failure? Not paying off as much credit card debt as I'd hoped
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? My plantar fasciitis came back during half marathon training. And I discovered that I have a bulging disc and bone spur on my spine.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Our Disney trip, my Garmin running watch
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? All the people who have supported my running
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? People who are supposed to be "close" who can't be bothered to tell you important things going on in their life and you find out via mutual friends on Facebook who ask you about something they posted.
14. Where did most of your money go? daycare, debt, vacation, running
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My garden, running
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2015? Umm...?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? about the same
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter, even though I'm running...I have the problem of being rungry!
iii. richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? enjoying the little things instead of stressing out all the time
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Trying to be friends with people who clearly don't want your friendship.
20. How did you spend Christmas? You can read more about it here, but the short version is we celebrated Christmas as a family on Christmas Eve morning then went to Louisville and celebrated that night with Alan's extended family. Then we celebrated with his parents, brothers and their families on Christmas. We'll celebrate with my family after we get back from Disney in January.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015? More in love with my husband and kiddos
23. What was your favorite TV program? Downton Abbey, Blacklist, Once Upon A Time, Reign, Big Bang Theory
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, but I am definitely frustrated with a few!
25. What was the best book you read? I read SO MANY books this year! I honestly can't name one that was my favorite. I'm just excited to be reading again.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? In terms of my own music, sadly I haven't had much time for it because life and work have been so crazy.
27. What did you want and get? A newfound passion
28. What did you want and not get? A trip to Iceland
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Did we see a movie in the theater this year? I'm pretty sure we did, but I don't even remember what they are!
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 34 and here's a detailed account of my day.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015? Comfort, as always
32. What kept you sane? Starbucks, running
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? No one.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? birth rights, gmo foods
35. Who did you miss? Friends and family I don't see often
36. Who was the best new person you met? Running friends
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016: Same as last year: You can't make people want a relationship with you and even though it may hurt incredibly, it's ultimately their loss