1. The beauty of fall. As you know, fall is my favorite season, but this year I've really taken the time to notice all of its beauty. The colors that surround us are simply breathtaking. Nature is so beautiful if you just take the time to notice it.
2. Knowing who I can really count on. And being honest about it with myself. Unfortunately, the number of people I feel that I truly, without a doubt, know will be there for my family and I if we ever needed it are few. As in I can count on one hand. I've been doing some evaluating lately and it really sucks to finally accept that certain people just really are in it for themselves no matter how much you want that to not be true.
3. Our extremely awesome, patient childcare provider. Early this year, we switched our daycare to one more in tune with our lifestyle. While there was nothing wrong with our old daycare, it was just time to move on. There have been some hiccups along the way, namely Cecily being a bully to the other kids, but overall it has been wonderful. Our current provider is so patient with the children and I can really see a difference in how they come home. They're learning so much there too. Maybe this is really pretentious of me, but I love the fact that at Ewan's preschool, he is so much more advanced than the rest of his class. It was such a great feeling to be able to tell his teacher that he could already do all of the goals for his class this year.
4. Knowing where my food comes from. We have been blessed in the last year to be able to buy almost all of our food locally. It's such an amazing feeling to actually know the farmer that produces your food.
5. My husband and children. Cliche, I know, but true. As we're coming up on one year since my grandmother passed away, I've been thinking about how important my little family is to me. They may drive me crazy at times, but my life would be so empty without them. I love you guys something fierce!