I've been awarded a Liebster Award! What's this you ask? Well, it's an award for up and coming bloggers that gets passed around blogland. I was nominated by Ashlee from A Step in the Right Direction, Thanks for reading Ashlee!
Here's how it works:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
** I was curious about the Liebster's origins and found this post about it. I say no need to nominate 11 blogs unless you want to!**
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I'm terrified of fish.
2. I secretly like Scrubs, although I will never admit it to my husband. (shh!)
3. I met my husband in my grad school program.
4. I'm a closet Trekkie.
5. I can play five instruments: clarinet, flute, saxophone, bassoon and piano.
6. I'm a Euchre addict.
7. I'm a shopaholic, for my daughter.
8. I should be the president of chocoholics anonymous.
9. I make almost everything I cook from scratch.
10. It's my goal to visit every winery in Indiana.
11. I'm obsessed with anything red velvet.
11 Questions from Ashlee
1. What is your go to workout? Rollerblading. I'm not a runner, but there's nothing better than rollerblading on the Rivergreenway.
2. Something new you learned this week? That it takes a lot longer than I thought to clear out our front flower beds!
3. Last book you read? Hmm...I honestly haven't read an entire book since before my son was born! But, I'm trying to read Jefferson's Nephews, about the nephews of Thomas Jefferson. Yes, I read history books for fun :-)
4. What is something you are looking forward to this summer? Spending an extended amount of time at the lake with just Alan and the kids. While we can't spend an entire summer up there, I'm so excited for my kids to experience a place I love.
5. Coke or Pepsi? Coke. Specifically, Cherry Coke Zero.
6. What would be your last meal? Hmm...probably chicken parm.
7. Television show you could watch over and over? Friends. It's my all-time favorite show and TV has never been the same since it ended. I actually took my Environmental Law final in 20 minutes my senior year of college so I could get back to watch the series finale. By the way, I passed with a B!
8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? London. It's my absolute favorite city in the world.
9. Online shopping or in the mall? Online "window shopping" then going directly for what I want at the mall.
10. Dogs or Cats? Cats. I was bitten by my great aunt and uncle's dog when I was about 2 and have been afraid of them ever since. It's really fun when I have to survey properties and there are dogs barking at me while I'm doing the survey! :-)
11. If you could only listen to 1 song the rest of your life which one would it be? Hmm. This is a toughie since music is such a big part of my life. My favorite band is Coldplay, so probably one of their songs.
1. Brooke at Wide Open Spaces
2. Dara at Not in Jersey
3. Rebekah at re-solve
4. Tanika at Growing Gracie
Ok, so I know that's not 11 blogs, but these are ladies who I read regularly and really like and respect!
My Questions for Them
1. If you could learn another language, what would it be?
2. What is your idea of a perfect date?
3. If you could move anywhere, where would it be and why?
4. What is your idea of a perfect date?
5. Gold or Silver?
6. Favorite store?
7. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
8. If you could live in another decade, would you and if so, which one?
9. What is your favorite season?
10. What can't you leave the house without?
11. How do you motivate yourself to exercise?