First things first, no baby yet!
But, I did wind up in triage yesterday afternoon and evening for several hours. My feet have been swollen for several weeks, but in the last few days they have ballooned and look like Chipotle burritos. I also have had headaches for several days and when I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night Tuesday going into Wednesday, I saw stars. So, when I woke up Wednesday morning with yet another headache, I decided to call my doctor after going back and forth about it. I was afraid that I was psyching myself out because I want this little girl to arrive already, but I was also terrified that if something was wrong, I would be induced right then, or even worse, rushed into a c-section. However, I finally decided to call.
I went in for a blood pressure check at 1 and after almost 2 hours hanging out in the waiting room, I finally got to see the nurse. Sure enough, my blood pressure was up. She spoke to the on-call doctor, who isn't my doctor, who ultimately decided to send me down to triage to be monitored. Let me just say that at this point, my heart dropped into my knees and I was terrified.
When Alan and I got down there, I was hooked up to a fetal monitor and blood pressure cuff. I also had some bloodwork done. After lying there for over 2 hours, my blood pressure had dropped and I no longer had a headache. Baby girl's heartbeat was fine and she was moving around. But, with the way the nurse was talking, I wasn't sure if I would be leaving, or if I did, I would be on strict bedrest til my next appointment Friday. Well, the doctor finally came back in and told me all the tests came back fine even though my blood pressure was borderline high. He said that if I wasn't so close to my due date, it would be a much bigger deal, but since I'm due on Friday, it was fine for me to go home and take it easy until my appointment.
You have no idea how relieved I was to hear this! I am so glad that unless I go into labor tonight, I will be making it to my appointment tomorrow. While I think I'm probably going to wind up being induced Monday if I don't go into labor on my own by then and am not thrilled with the idea, I would much rather it be with my doctor and not in a scary situation!