I "borrowed" this from my friend Rachel's blog
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before? had a baby, had surgery
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? no I didn't. and yes I WILL!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? besides myself? No. I do know several acquaintances and college friends that gave birth or are currently pregnant.
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? just the US
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? a house!
7. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm just going to go by months because I'm feeling lazy tonight.
January: Ewan's birth - Ewan meeting his family in IN and KY; February: gallbladder surgery, moving; March: moving across the country from the suburbs to Philadelphia back to Indiana, where I went to college; April: Ewan meeting his Uncle Chris, Aunt Megan and Cousin Jayden; May: meeting up with Mindy in St. Louis, Ewan's first lake weekend; June: having to spend TWO WEEKS away from my baby!; July: Ewan's first 4th of July at the lake; August: spending 2 weeks by myself with Ewan while Alan was in Arkansas; September: Chris, Megan and Jay moving to Evansville; October: our anniversary trip to NC, Alan's birthday; November: Ewan's first Thanksgiving, Mary's wedding; December: my 30th birthday; Ewan's first Christmas
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Ewan
9. What was your biggest failure? gaining all the weight I lost and then some back after Ewan was born
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I've had more colds this year than ever before!
11. What was the best thing you bought? hmm...I can't think of anything for myself
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? everyone who has supported us
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? no one that I can think of offhand or nothing more that would upset me than usual
14. Where did most of your money go? moving, Ewan
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? watching Ewan experience things for the first time
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2011? I can't really think of anything sadly other than songs I sing to Ewan
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I'd say about the same. I'm happier in some ways, but it hasn't been an easy year
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter sadly
iii. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? relaxing and not been so angry a lot of the time
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? worried about money
20. How did you spend Christmas? We had our Christmas with Ewan and the cats on the 23rd here in Evansville. Since it was Alan's family's turn this year, we went to Louisville the morning of Christmas Eve and went to his aunt's house that evening for the extended family dinner. Then we went over to his grandparents and exchanged gifts there. Christmas morning, Jay and Ewan opened their gifts from Santa before Alan's other brother came over with his family for lunch. Once they got there, we had lunch and exchanged gifts there. We are doing Christmas with my family this coming weekend.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011? with my little boy!
22. How many one-night stands? One year I’m just going to delete this question…
23. What was your favorite TV program? Friends (my favorite tv show ever!), Glee, House Hunters, Property Virgins, The Amazing Race
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No
25. What was the best book you read? Ha! I haven't read a book since before Ewan was born
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Wolfgang Orchestra here in Evansville. I can't wait to join the band again!
27. What did you want and get? a healthy baby boy, my KitchenAid Mixer!
28. What did you want and not get? to lose a lot of weight
29. What was your favorite film of this year? hmm...I'd have to say either Bad Teacher or the last Harry Potter film...I haven't had a chance to see many films
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 30 :( Alan and I went out with some friends the weekend before. I took a vacation day on my actual birthday and got a haircut, did a little Christmas shopping and just had a quiet day to myself
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? no post partum depression
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? comfort and finding things that fit since I've gained so much weight that hardly any of my clothes fit me anymore
33. What kept you sane? nothing haha!
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? no one
35. What political issue stirred you the most? the environment
36. Who did you miss? Friends that I don’t get to see often, my family
37. Who was the best new person you met? Sarah
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011: a baby really does change everything!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your yea: I'm too tired to think of one!