I took this from a friend of mine...I used to fill out surveys all the time, so I thought I should give it a go.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? got married!
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? no I didn't, but I definitely will this coming year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? a couple people I used to be friends with in high school, but almost everyone I know is currently pregnant
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? Cayman Islands, Honduras, Belize and Mexico
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? my emotional sanity
7. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 17 - 19 - bridal shower and bachelorette party weekend; Oct. 24 - my wedding; December 11 - I received a job offer
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? getting married!
9. What was your biggest failure? not finding a job in preservation, letting little things bother me
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? H1N1 and countless colds
11. What was the best thing you bought? my wedding and honeymoon
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? everyone who attended our wedding
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? people who've distanced themselves and I don't understand why
14. Where did most of your money go? the wedding
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? our wedding and honeymoon; finally finding a different job
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2009? Blame It
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder? probably sadder thinner or fatter? DEFINITELY fatter...I've gained 25lbs! :( richer or poorer? poorer due to paying for the wedding
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? stand up for myself at work
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? stressed out over the wedding and work
20. How did you spend Christmas? I had to work on Christmas Eve, so as soon as I got off, Alan and I drove 10 hours to Louisville, KY. Went spent Christmas morning at his brother's, then Christmas lunch with his father's family, then drove into the sticks to spend a few hours with his mom's family. We didn't get to go to see my family unitl a few days after Christmas so we celebrated with them then
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? more in love with my now husband
22. How many one-night stands? none
23. What was your favorite TV program? Brothers and Sisters, Ugly Better, So You Think You Can Dance
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? no
25. What was the best book you read? Darcy's Passions, it's Pride and Prejudice told from Darcy's point of view
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? I dunno...sadly I don't get to play hardly anymore
27. What did you want and get? to get married, go on an amazing honeymoon, a new job
28. What did you want and not get? a job using my degrees
29. What was your favorite film of this year? I haven't seen many so I really can't say
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Alan took me on a surprise trip to Washington DC where we went on a candlelight toour of Mount Vernon and saw ice sculptures among other things...and oh yeah, it SNOWED :)
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? more relaxation and less stress
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? comfort
33. What kept you sane? my husband
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I have no idea
35. What political issue stirred you the most? the environment
36. Who did you miss? my friends and family
37. Who was the best new person you met? Karen, she keeps me sane in retail hell!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. the wait makes everything more worthwhile
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.